The Adidas boutique on Mass Ave in Harvard Sq is gone, and I’m not sorry. There, I said it. To me, it’s always been a symbol of everything corporate, overpriced, and overly shiny about what Harvard Square has become. The old photo store Ferranti Dege next door left a big hole, as did the sweet children’s boutique Calliope. Harvard Square did not need an overpriced shoe store, but what is going to take its place?
Of course it was the famous music store Briggs & Briggs. Thanks!
What was this storefront before Adidas – anyone know?
- Famous Trees of Cambridge
- Central Square to get a Target in 2017
- Five interesting and random things to see along Mass Ave.
- Globe Corner Bookstore & Curious George to close
- Location update: Hollywood Express is now Life Alive
- OMG Boomerangs in Central Square
- Happy Mass Ave: Artist & Craftsman Supply
- Happy Massachusetts Ave
- Thank you, Billy Ruane
- Central Square Banksy mural removed