In its development stage, this property at 309 Massachusetts Ave was a yogi’s dream: a beautiful new space for yoga and wellness led by some major names in Cambridge / Boston yoga. Despite the hype, the project withered and the space never opened. According to the neighbors, the yogis overspent on construction and the project was shuttered mid-project. But this prime empty Mass Ave location is not a victim of the economy, but rather a victim of MIT’s new policy of “evaluating” all of its current property holdings in Cambridge. Learning this made me curious-how much property does MIT own in Cambridge, and what are its policies towards community development with regards to its vacant commercial properties?
- Central Square to get a Target in 2017
- Five interesting and random things to see along Mass Ave.
- Globe Corner Bookstore & Curious George to close
- Location update: Hollywood Express is now Life Alive
- OMG Boomerangs in Central Square
- Happy Mass Ave: Artist & Craftsman Supply
- Happy Massachusetts Ave
- Thank you, Billy Ruane
- Central Square Banksy mural removed
- Oriental Dynasty Furniture is closing